Start your DiVA career here.
Digital Marketing Apprentice – Rhino & East West -
Business Administration Apprentice -
Business Administration Assistant -
Music and Promotions Apprentice -
Trainee Camera Assistant -
Receptionist Apprentice -
Recruitment Consultant Apprentice -
Warehouse and Vehicle Apprentice -
Business Administration Assistant
Blue Raincoat Music , London, W10 5JJ
Business Administration Assistant
Blue Raincoat Music
Blue Raincoat Music / Chrysalis Records
304 Westbourne Studios,
242 Acklam Road
About the Apprenticeship :
This role will suit a young person who wishes to gain administrative and business skills and who is looking for a long-term role in the Music Industry rather than looking for a role as a performer.
This apprenticeship requires someone who likes to dive straight in and share fully in the job of becoming a great support to the company.
We would like someone who is extremely organised and is able to handle and work with large quantities of data. The ideal candidate will be able to actively contribute to our branding and online marketing strategies, provide exact administrative support and will engage directly with clients, sponsors, and artists around the world.
We are committed to social justice and equal opportunities and we would encourage you to submit an application whatever your background, disability or beliefs.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Provide administrative and IT support to the office
• General administration support to The Record Label, Management Company & Publishing Company
• Deal with incoming emails to the company’s various email addresses
• Deal with and be hospitable to visitors, staff, and artists
• Support colleagues with tasks as and when required
• Register song details with performing rights organisations
• Setlist submissions for live performances
• Create and update spreadsheets
• Deal with IT issues as and when they arrive
2. Assist with Marketing & Asset Creation
• Assist with our Artists’ online worlds, working with our Digital Marketing team across various social media and streaming platforms on different campaigns.
• Create assets for use on our own website & across social platforms
• Be pro-active in researching, proposing and developing new online activity
• Help with mailing lists and mail-outs
3. General Office Duties
• Preparing rooms for meetings and events
• Deal with office supplies, e.g. stationery, photocopiers
• Filing – both hard copy and electronic
• Dealing with visitors, artists, and staff
National Minimum Wage – dependent on age
Under 18-20 £5.30 per hour
21 and over £6.60 per hour
35 hours per week
Monday – Friday
10:00 – 18:00
Future prospects description:
This opportunity provides a very good stepping stone into the music industry. Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Blue Raincoat Music Ltd is a fast-growing music artist management, music publishing company & catalogue record label based in Portobello, West London. The company supports and enables artists to maximize opportunities through their own brand of specialist expertise.
Essential skills required:
• Administrative experience – could be in a school, university or amateur setting.
• User of a range of Social Media, particularly Facebook Pages, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Experience of Mac computers with an ability to troubleshoot quickly and amend simple problems.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office programmes, or Mac equivalents, particularly Word and Excel.
• Solid written and numeracy skills.
• Good spoken English
Desirable (but not essential) skills include:
• Environment and diary management.
• Ability to use programmes like Photoshop & Indesign to a high standard
• Attained 5 A-C GCSE’s including English and Math.
• A second language, ideally Spanish.
• Experience in the Music Industry
Essential personal qualities include:
• Passionate about music, loving and understanding a wide variety of genres, with a thirst to absorb as much musical content as possible.
• Committed to working in the Music Industry.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• A fast learner who’s able to prioritise tasks.
• Ability to be discreet and deal with confidential information.
• A good team player, who is able to work with others from all levels and backgrounds.
• Calm and logical approach to problem-solving.
• Able to liaise diplomatically with external contacts.
• Can work to a brief, following instructions actively and attentively, whilst meeting deadlines.
• Enthusiastic, confident, approachable, helpful, organised, resourceful, adaptable.
• Committed to learning and improving own performance.
Desirable (but not essential) personal qualities include:
• Particular interest in both Pop and Underground Dance Music, with a good knowledge of relevant labels, festivals, and club culture.
• Flexible with working hours, willing to put in the necessary added time and work weekends on occasion, if needed.
English, Maths and ICT GSCE’s level A-C or Equivalent
Important Other information:
Additional requirements may include:
• Occasionally going to events for artist research
• Creating graphics and designs using Photoshop and InDesign
• Industry and Marketing Research;
1. Reading about trends in music and marketing
2. Checking music blogs
3. Researching media tactics and updates
• Demo submission consideration;
1. Listening to music demos that are submitted
2. Filtering out quality demos and passing them on to the relevant team.
Please note that this is a general description and is not intended to be comprehensive. Duties may be altered from time to time as required for business reasons, to meet the Company’s requirements.
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Communicate in a Business Environment
• Principles of Project Management
• Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business
• Contribute to Running a Project
• Support the Organisation of an Event
• Support the Organisation of Meetings
• Develop and Deliver Presentations
• Provide Reception Services
1. What aspect of the Apprenticeship most interests you?
2. What skills and experiences do you have that are relevant to the role?
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.