Start your DiVA career here.
Recruitment Administrator Apprentice -
Digital Marketing and Business Administration Tutors -
Digital Marketing and Business Administration Development Coaches -
Receptionist Apprentice -
Business Administration Assistant Apprentice -
Trainee Insurance Advisor -
Digital Apprentice -
Connections Trainee Project Co-ordinator -
Interactive Media Apprentice -
Royalty Assistant -
Interactive Media Apprentice -
Digital Marketing Apprentice -
Apprentice Production Assistant -
IT Recruitment Consultant -
Social Media Marketing Apprentice -
Christie’s , London, W1T 3EY
87-91 Newman Street,London W1T 3EY
About the Apprenticeship :
This is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to fast-track their career in digital marketing with Christies, a top global art business.
The apprentice will be part of the marketing department and report to the Head of Production and Creative Studio.
(Duties include but are not limited to the following)
• To undertake the apprenticeship programme which will lead to a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) at the end of the time period.
• To actively participate in the personal and professional development plan which has been devised at the start of the apprenticeship by the line manager and training provider assessor.
• To carry out specific duties and responsibilities in compliance with Christie’s core values
• To demonstrate skills and processors relevant to the position to the training provider assessor during periods of assessment.
• To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times throughout the apprenticeship programme
• To attend meetings and specific training sessions relevant to the role and apprenticeship more specifically
• To complete other duties relevant to the role, as decided by the line manager
• Attend kick-off meetings to shadow the Design and Marketing team as they develop a campaign brief. This initial discussion will cover: who we are talking to (target audience), geographic location (country), why (what is the main message and objective), what do we want potential interested clients to do (call to action/CTA), copy tone and image selection to illustrate the message.
• Assist with the administration of a campaign e.g. update and maintain documents with key project information
• Assist with obtaining images and written copy/text for advertising campaigns
• Learn to create a list of tasks for a project e.g. saving images and copy/text for an ad campaign in specific folders to help brief the designers and copywriters.
• Work with the Marketing team to understand how effective a campaign has been
• Create, correct and send proofs of adverts, emails, signage etc. for review and final approval by the departments
• Assist the Senior Motion Designer with filming for trailers
• Complete paperwork to book equipment or sound engineers, pay for use of existing ‘stock’ images or film from libraries, and seek copyright clearance for images.
• Create back-up images for digital advertising banners, check and save proofs before sending assets to publications/ uploading films on social media or christies.com
£11,000 per year
(£211.53 per week)
9.00 – 6pm Mon-Fri
Future prospects description:
Subject to the performance of the apprentice our ambition is to offer a full-time job at the end of the apprenticeship programme.
Who we are: An auctioneer with 250 years of experience built into a world-wide marketplace for buying and selling art.
Christie’s is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art, unparalleled service and expertise, as well as international glamour.
Founded in 1766 by James Christie, Christie’s has since conducted the greatest and most celebrated auctions through the centuries providing a popular showcase for the unique and the beautiful. Christie’s offers around 350 auctions annually in over 80 categories, including all areas of fine and decorative arts, jewellery, photographs, collectibles, wine, and more. Prices range from $200 to over $100 million.
Our company values are based around passionate expertise, exceptional customer service, business judgement, integrity, teamwork and innovation. These embody the key behaviours that are required from our employees. As a global organisation, we have a diverse work force that is constantly developing and growing. Yet, no matter where we work at Christie’s, our values remain the same and it is our people that make our success.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to collaborate and communicate well with team members
• Demonstrable interest in Social Media – you’re familiar with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Independent thinker
• Creative – willing to learn and put forward ideas on how we can improve our service
• Honest – not afraid to admit when they have done wrong.
• Personal experience of using Facebook, and other social media platforms
Minimum English, Maths and ICT GSCE’s level A-C or Equivalent
Graduates can apply
Important Other information:
About the training:
In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ you will be working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Digital Marketing, which is the equivalent of 2-A Levels. Topics you will cover include:
• Principles of Marketing
• Email marketing
• Web development
• Developing a content marketing strategy
• Principles of social media within a business
• Brand development
• Search Engine Optimisation
• Measuring and capturing analytics
• Project management
1. What does exceptional customer service look like to you?
2. Who do you think our core clients are?
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.