Start your DiVA career here.
Digital Marketing Apprentice -
Events Apprentices -
PR Assistant -
Digital Marketing Ninja -
PA to CEO/Project Management -
Music Administration Assistant -
Business Analyst -
Apprenticeship Sales Manager -
FremantleMedia , London, W1T 1AL
1 Stephen St, LondonLondon W1T 1AL
About the Apprenticeship :
The PR Assistant will work within the Global PR team who are responsible for the day to day PR and communication of FremantleMedia’s global TV production and distribution business. The team develop international PR plans to support both the B2B and consumer launches of drama, entertainment, factual and lifestyle series to generate positive endorsement from media outlets (print, broadcast and online) and key influencers, to build brand awareness and recognition for FremantleMedia.
This is an interesting and varied role where you will support senior team members by assisting with communications activities including, but not limited to:
• Writing press releases and other press materials as needed to the highest standard, researching and fact checking information as required.
• Building knowledge of the global media industry, by working with TV broadcasters and SVODs internationally to launch TV shows in local markets.
• Seeking creative ways to increase favourable media coverage and raise the profile of specific projects in accordance with the Global PR strategy.
• Assisting with press days, set visits, press junkets, red carpets, international premieres and screenings.
• Coordinating talent logistics and travel for press days and festivals including building schedules, booking travel.
• Collating press coverage and circulating coverage reports to internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintaining effective working relationships and contacts with journalists including trade publications, national and regional newspapers and magazines, online, TV and radio outlets.
• Assisting with talent interview requests and project submissions for festival and awards whilst keeping relevant tracking grids up to date.
• Helping to maintain effective working relationships with FremantleMedia production departments, independent production companies, talent, their agents and representatives.
• Providing required information and copy to high standards of accuracy and on time.
• Helping to ensure support systems used within the Global PR team are maintained and up-to-date including media lists, activity grids and calendars.
• Providing administrative support to the team including award and international festival submissions, expenses, invoices and keeping support systems up to date.
• Reporting to the PR Manager
£346/ week – £18,000/ annum
37.5 hours per week, 9:30am-6pm, Monday – Friday
Future prospects description:
FremantleMedia Group is recruiting for the newly created position of PR Assistant within the Global PR and Communications team.
FremantleMedia creates, produces and distributes some of the best known and loved content in the world including: American Gods, The Young Pope, Deutschland 83, Hard Sun, Idol, Got Talent, The X Factor, Take Me Out, Family Feud, Match Game, Wentworth, Neighbours, The Apprentice, Grand Designs, Jamie Oliver and Munchies (with VICE Media).
We have an outstanding global network with operations in 31 countries, producing over 11,000 hours of programming a year, rolling out more than 60 formats and airing more than 420 programmes a year worldwide. The company also distributes more than 20,000 hours of content in over 200 territories.
We are part of RTL Group, a global leader across broadcast, content and digital, itself a division of the international media company Bertelsmann.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task in busy environment
• Attention to detail and accuracy, able to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent personal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate in a proactive and positive manner, building effective relationships both internally and externally
• Knowledge of print, broadcast, online and social media
• Ability to work alone and to collaborate as a team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Photoshop a plus)
• Highly motivated with an interest in developing a career in Communications/PR or similar
• A passion for media and TV
• Confident, proactive, positive and can-do attitude
• Flexible approach, resilient and a team player
• Creative thinker
• Willingness to learn
Minimum qualifications are English, Maths and ICT GSCE’s level A-C or equivalent. Graduates can apply but a degree not necessary nor will it give you an advantage. Common sense, a good attitude and a strong application with a strong interest in television are what we are looking for.
Important Other information:
Applicants must be fully committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship
Do not contact the employer directly; failing to adhere to this will see your application automatically withdrawn.
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Principles of Business
• Analyse and present business data
• Principles of Project Management
• Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business
• Monitor Information systems
• Principles of Administration
1. Write a 300 word press release about a new TV show coming to ITV this summer that you are excited about.
2. Tell us in less than 500 words what challenges TV shows face when trying to get more viewer ratings.
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.