Start your DiVA career here.
Business Development Apprentice -
Promotions Assistant -
Recruitment Resourcer -
Digital Marketing ‘Ninja’ -
PA to CEO/Project Management Apprenticeship -
Music Administration Assistant -
Business Analyst -
Music Administration Assistant
PPL , London, W1F 9DE
Music Administration Assistant
1 Upper James StreetLondon W1F 9DE
About the Apprenticeship :
PPL licenses recorded music played in public or broadcast on the radio or TV and then distributes the fees to its members.
The Music Administration Assistant role is an entry-level position in PPL’s Repertoire department. Working under the direction of the Senior International Data Coordinator, the role offers an opportunity to acquire data handling skills and experience and to learn about the full range of music usage licensed and reported around the world.
The Repertoire team processes very large and complex datasets relating to music usage around the world, from national broadcasters through to local dance classes. Repertoire matches this reported usage to repertoire registered by PPL/VPL members, in order to ensure that the right performers and record companies are paid for the public performance of their work internationally.
• Processing music and music video usage reporting from other countries, including the receipt, matching and analysis of this data within database systems maintained by PPL;
• Supporting International data tasks such as financial payments.
• Acquiring the skills, knowledge and experience necessary for use across a range of PPL’s activities, and to use these to provide timely and relevant support within the department’s reporting and project work;
• Supporting the upkeep of Repertoire’s key administrative files and reports.
You will be trained throughout, finishing with a qualification in Business Administration.
£278.00 (14,500 p/a)
Standard 35 hours per week
Normal working Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm with additional hours as required
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Established in 1934, PPL exists to ensure that those who invest their time, talent and money to make music are fairly paid for their work.
Overseen by an elected board of directors from within the music industry and an executive management team with a varied range of experience, PPL has a strong corporate governance structure and is accountable to its members and licensees.
The organisation is committed to delivering a first-class service to all its customers. PPL does not retain a profit for itself – after running costs, all revenue is distributed to its record company and performer members.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to manage time well
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Ability to work in a team as well as on your own
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
• An interest in data and data visualization techniques.
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Willingness to learn
• Work well under pressure
GCSE Maths, English and ICT at grades A-C
Important Other information:
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Principles of Business
• Analyse and present business data
• Principles of Project Management
• Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business
• Monitor Information systems
• Principles of Administration
1. What do you hope to get out of this Apprenticeship?
2. Why do you want to work for PPL?
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.