Start your DiVA career here.
Recruitment Administrator Apprentice -
Digital Marketing and Business Administration Tutors -
Digital Marketing and Business Administration Development Coaches -
Receptionist Apprentice -
Business Administration Assistant Apprentice -
Trainee Insurance Advisor -
Digital Apprentice -
Connections Trainee Project Co-ordinator -
Interactive Media Apprentice -
Royalty Assistant -
Interactive Media Apprentice -
Digital Marketing Apprentice -
Apprentice Production Assistant -
IT Recruitment Consultant -
Social Media Marketing Apprentice -
Sony/ATV Music Publishing UK Ltd , London, W1F 9LD
Sony/ATV Music Publishing UK Ltd
30 Golden Square
About the Apprenticeship :
The UK Administration Department
Reporting to: Head of UK Royalties.
To provide overall support to the UK Royalties Administration team, the jobholder will be responsible for supporting the department with all aspects of royalty administration.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
Music Publishing Income Processing
• As part of a team, undertaking weekly income reconciliation from bank statement (in conjunction with UK Finance) to the Global Royalty Centre via the Cash Receipt Journal report
• Keeping the Senior Royalty Analyst informed of any outstanding or problem items
Neighbouring Rights Administration
• Analysis and preparation with regards PPL and other Neighbouring Rights income source statements to provide our clients with timely accounting and payments per our contractual obligations
• Calculating, preparing summary statements and raising payments for Neighbouring Rights clients
• Tracking the recoupment position accurately within the outgoing accounting summaries
• Managing all Neighbouring Rights accountings in general to track client accountings / payments under guidance of the Senior Royalty Analyst
Master Rights Administration
• Tracking and managing all Masters accountings including raising payments where due and supplying spreadsheet backup for Sony/ATV and EMI Legacy, local and foreign Masters
• Preparing the Masters Financial Transaction Form (“FTF”) for the transfer of Foreign Masters for Sony/ATV Legacy clients and where applicable EMI Legacy clients
• Where applicable, raising direct payment for EMI Legacy Foreign Masters where payment is not within a half yearly cycle, (e.g. 14 day terms)
Ancillary Rights Administration
• Identifying and working Ancillary Rights income as reported on the Income Sheet and seeking the relevant backup from the Broadcast & Media Rights Team to reconcile for reporting
• Reporting Ancillary Rights income via FTF in a timely manner ahead of closeout
Artist/Producer Management administration
• Maintaining accounts subject to contract, to ensure that advances, earnings and costs are managed and reported in a timely fashion
Ad-hoc duties as required
• Overseeing the Royalty Enquiry Inbox, especially in the post royalty distribution periods where traffic is high
• Answer, redirect and report statistics to management
£15k a year
£288.46 per week
Mon-Fri 9.30am – 6pm.
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Sony/ATV Music Publishing is the world’s No. 1 music publishing company with a network of 37 offices in 29 cities and 22 countries across the globe.
Its origins date back to 1955 when British-based media businessman and impresario Lew Grade founded Associated Television (ATV). In 1957, ATV acquired Pye Records as a wholly-owned subsidiary. ATV Music Publishing was then created to exploit the catalog of songs written by artists on the Pye Record label and for the themes to Independent Television Corporation and ATV programs.
In 1968, ATV Music Publishing’s acquisitions included Northern Songs, which had been set up five years earlier to look after songs written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney.
The ATV song catalogue, including Northern Song, was eventually acquired in 1985 by Michael Jackson and was then merged in December 1995 with Sony Music Publishing to form Sony/ATV Music Publishing. In 2012 Sony/ATV led a consortium to acquire EMI Music Publishing, creating the world’s leading music publishing company.
Together with EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV owns or administers around 2.8 million copyrights, including iconic music catalogs such as Leiber & Stoller, Mijac Music, the Jobete catalogue of Motown songs and Famous Music, while songs it publishes include “New York, New York”, “Hey Jude”, “You’ve Got A Friend”, “Every Breath You Take”, “Moon River”, “Billie Jean”, “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”, “Over The Rainbow”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” and “Singin’ In The Rain”.
It represents the copyrights of legendary artists including The Beatles, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Carole King, Kraftwerk, Willie Nelson, Queen, The Rolling Stones, The Supremes, Hank Williams and Stevie Wonder. Its contemporary roster includes Alicia Keys, Lady Gaga, P!nk, Shakira, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Stargate, Taylor Swift, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.
Headquartered in New York City, Sony/ATV Music Publishing has 30 offices in 23 countries, including Los Angeles, Nashville and London.
• A minimum of 1 year work experience in an office environment
• A high level of numeracy is ESSENTIAL with strong Excel skills
• Focused, with high attention to detail
• A self-motivated, well organised individual
• Attention to detail
• Self-motivation – ability to work unsupervised
• Team player
• Hands-on individual who can create own training notes as they learn
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver to agreed team deadlines
English, Maths and ICT GSCE’s level A-C or Equivalent, or degree level
Important Other information:
Applicants must be fully committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship
Do not contact the employer directly; failing to adhere to this will see your application automatically withdrawn.
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 4 Diploma in Business and Professional Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Principles of Quality Management
• Analyse and Present Business Data
• Project Management
• Managing Information and Knowledge
• Manage Information systems
• Principles of Marketing
1. Aside from anything that is already mentioned in the job description, please tell us something specific that you think you can bring to this role (in 50 words or less).
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.