Start your DiVA career here.
Licensing Apprentice -
Digital Marketing and Business Administration Development Coaches -
IMPEL Member Relations Apprenticeship -
Content and Marketing Apprentice -
School Office Administrator Apprentice -
Social Media Marketing Apprentice -
School Office Administrator Apprentice
Baden Powell Primary School , London, E5 8DN
School Office Administrator Apprentice
Baden Powell Primary School
Ferron Road,London E5 8DN
About the Apprenticeship :
This varied, interesting, administration role will cover a range of duties associated with running a school office, including financial administration, welcoming visitors, answering the phones and supporting the teaching and learning team.
School Business Manager
•Assist with the efficient processing of all payments and invoices; including ensuring payments and invoices are input and tracked; matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices.
•Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy.
•Coordinate operational office tasks, including opening and distributing mail (in both electronic and paper format); photocopying and scanning sensitive and confidential documents; supporting the reception desk and/ or telephone lines.
•Plan and coordinate the team’s activities, including organising meetings and the associated arrangements. Preparing and dispatching agendas, minutes and other documents as necessary.
•Interpret requests for information and solve routine problems, including receiving enquiries from parents and providing them with straightforward information. This will include email, telephone, and face to face contact.
•Data analysis and the maintenance of accurate and complete records using the School’s databases, including data entry; producing reports in agreed formats – spreadsheets/ tables/ charts. Data retrieval at the request of appropriate colleagues.
•Actively participate at events as directed, including assisting with booking and setting up the venue, greeting participants; problem-solving.
This is a description of the main duties and responsibilities of the post at the date of production. The duties may change over time as requirements and circumstances change. The person in the post may also have to carry out other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
£130 – £180
32.5 hours per week
8am Start – Shifts TBC
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
We are committed to providing pupils with an outstanding education that prepares them for success in life and promotes high self-esteem, whilst raising aspirations and achievement. We believe in equality for all and continually aim for success.
• Ability to work well in a group. Aware of the strengths of others and works to meet the needs of the group as a whole.
• Basic IT skills. Familiar with Microsoft word, excel, power point and social media.
• Basic understanding of the role of a School.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confident in writing emails, contributing in meetings and briefing members of staff.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Effective time management skills – you’ll be able to work independently and prioritise your work.
• You must promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young and vulnerable people that you are responsible for or come into contact with.
• A ‘professional’ attitude (know how to behave appropriately in a work environment). Honesty and Integrity: This role involves a high level of transparency and the ability to work to high ethical standards/ strict financial regulations.
• Respect for the varied experiences of others, and work well as part of a team.
• Respect for the privacy of our service users, and know how to keep information confidential and safe.
• Adaptable and Flexible – Embraces change, and adapts successfully to changing situations & environments. Can learn from things that don’t go well and adapt.
• Ambition; you’ll take responsibility for your own learning and development, and career advancement
• Display a conscientious and logic approach to the variety of tasks necessary for the smooth running of the school.
|English, Maths and ICT GSCE’s level A-C or Equivalent|
Important Other information:
• Applicants must be full committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship
• Can be a Hackney resident, school leaver or young person for whom the council is a corporate parent – for example, care leavers.
• Take part in the school’s performance management system.
• Enhanced DBS Check.
• Strong commitment to furthering equalities in both service delivery and employment practice.
Do not contact the employer directly; failing to adhere to this will see your application automatically withdrawn.
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Principles of Business
• Analyse and present business data
• Principles of Project Management
• Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business
• Monitor Information systems
• Principles of Administration
|1. What are your ambitions?|
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.