Grow your business with DiVA Apprenticeships.
Creative Intern (Kickstart Internship)
Blackstar London , London ,
Creative Intern (Kickstart Internship)
Unit S41, Pop Brixton, 49 Brixton Station Rd London
About the Apprenticeship :
We are offering the role of a Creative Intern with Blackstar London. Please find a full breakdown of the key responsibilities of this role:
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Monitor budgets and adjust bids to gain better CPC.
- Monitor & record all stats delivered weekly to PM’s
- Identify trends and insights & share with the team
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Video & database optimisations
- Campaign Health Checks
During the 6-month placement the successful candidate will receive regular support in the form of 1 on 1 progress meetings with Blackstar London’s Founder and Managing Director Olivia Whatley-Hobbs, who has worked in the music industry for over 10 years.
In addition to that the successful candidate will gain full exposure to all members of the team getting involved in campaigns for the 50+ artists on our roster, and will build skills across data analytics and creative campaign management, whilst gaining a full understanding of what goes into making a industry leading marketing campaign for both emerging and established artists.
National Minimum Wage
Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm
Future prospects description:
The role may lead to a full-time job. However, this is subject to agreement between the employer and the participant.
Blackstar London is a boutique creative & marketing agency for the music industry, with 15 members of staff.
We specialise in building innovative campaigns for artists including campaign management, digital marketing, social management & creative direction with offices in London & Los Angeles.
We have collectively worked across marketing, creative, social & digital for decades, giving the company a broad remit. Led by a dynamic team of specialists.
We like to focus on key campaigns for artists we really love with something to say.
We don’t follow the crowd, we strategically assess our client’s targets, focus on the importance of artist positioning & make sure this is reflected everywhere across Social Media channels and other online assets.
- Familiar working across Digital Service Providers (DSP’s) and the social platforms: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & TikTok
- Presentation & good time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpreting data to form conclusions
- Ability to adapt/reactive to tasks
- Extracting data and inputting on spreadsheets
The greatest quality we require is someone is eager to learn and grow. They should be happy being proactive and also taking direction. We want to hear your ideas and accept you may ask a lot of questions in order to grasp the nature of the job.
No formal qualifications are required. Common sense, a good attitude and passion for music will stand you in good stead in this role.
Important Other information:
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for a Kickstart Job Placement, you must speak to your jobcentre work coach and ask them to refer you for the job placement(s) you are interested in quoting the following:
- DiVA Kickstart Gateway Number: KSFEA5953D
- The name of the employer,
- The postcode for the vacancy
- The job title
Neither the employer nor DiVA can accept direct applications. You will have to apply directly via your jobcentre work coach
This role is offered as part of the governments’ Kickstart Scheme. Therefore to be eligible for the scheme, you must be
- unemployed, and;
- aged 16-24 and;
- in receipt of Universal Credit.
If you do not meet all of the criteria listed above, you are not eligible for the Kickstart Scheme
About the training:
Employability support will be provided by DiVA You will attend seven workshops over the course of your placement. They will happen on the last Wednesday of the month. They will be held virtually.
- Induction on the programme: (includes time management, organisational skills, managing your manager and effective communication)
- Introduction to the Creative Industries
- Personal Branding: How to build and manage your personal brand at work and online
- How to build and Network effectively
- Money Management: how to establish a side hustle and work as a freelancer
- Prove Your Passion on Paper: CV writing
- Prove Your Passion in Person: Interview skills
Workshops last three hours and contain a mix of taught session and masterclasses with industry guests.
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.