Start your DiVA career here.
Digital Video Assistant -
Office Administration Apprentice -
Recruitment Consultant Apprentice -
People Administrator Apprentice -
Digital Video Assistant
BBC Studios , London, W12 7FA
Digital Video Assistant
BBC Worldwide Ltd, 1 Television Centre, 101 Wood LaneLondon W12 7FA
About the Apprenticeship :
This is an exciting and well-rounded role within the YouTube Team of BBC Studios that is integral to the team delivering on its key marketing and business objectives. Your core responsibilities include rights checking and editing clips from BBC Studios deep archive for publishing on BBC Studios digital platforms, conducting YouTube growth hacking optimisations, researching and packaging BBC video assets for syndication opportunities plus researching and generating YouTube best practice case studies.
This role is ideal for someone who is a quick study and wants to learn on the job, has a strong editorial eye, is a creative problem solver and has excellent attention to detail. You will be someone who excels at making compelling video thumbnails and can take the lead on choosing the top clips fans will love. You will report to the Senior YouTube Channel Manager, work in a world-class team and with premium video content.
• Generating a consistent volume of high-quality short form video clips from the BBC Studios television archive under the guidance of channel managers
• Researching, checking rights, clipping, transcoding, checking compliance and uploading short form clips
• Creating compelling video thumbnails
• Assisting the digital production team with creating online formats such as list and compilations videos
• Mass optimisation on YouTube channels to increase views and revenue
• Responding to video syndication briefs by researching, curating, packaging and preparing videos for delivery
• Researching and testing YouTube growth-hacking techniques
• Contributing to monthly YouTube channel performance and revenue reports for Digital Studios and Brand teams
• Contributing to operational and analytical tasks for new marketing and revenue opportunities related to the YouTube team
• Provide support to the Channel Management team when required
Monday – Friday (9:30am to 5:30pm)
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Home to the very best of British creativity. Combining the strengths of the UK’s most-awarded production company and a world-class distributor, we are an unrivalled creator of – and investor in – UK programmes reaching audiences around the world.
Working with the best British writers, directors and programme-makers, we champion British creativity, crafting over 2500 hours of content every year through seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. And that’s not all. We’re a committed partner to the UK’s thriving independent production community, as well as other broadcasters and digital platforms, delivering content that showcases the best of British talent, stamped with the hallmark of quality.
• Can demonstrate a good fundamental understanding of what makes a successful online video clip and video thumbnail
• A minimum of intermediate skills in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro
• Data recording, research and management skills (Excel, Google Sheets and/or catalogue/database systems)
• Good attention to detail and time management when conducting research and operational tasks
• Ability to follow briefs and apply editorial insight and quality control to tasks as required
• Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
• Ability to work to a schedule and deliver on individual tasks and responsibilities within a team structure
• Willingness to learn on the job and be adaptive to team requirements
• Some familiarity with BBC television content
• Understanding of the production process of television and/or digital video
• Understanding of the current global digital landscape outside of YouTube, including popular video sharing sites and social networks
• Understanding of video optimisation and other best practices for YouTube channel management and growth
• Ability to generate ideas and concepts independently as well as working within a team
Minimum qualifications are English, Maths and ICT GSCE’s level A-C or equivalent.
Important Other information:
Applicants must be fully committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship.
Do not contact the employer directly; failing to adhere to this will see your application automatically withdrawn.
About the training:
In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ you will be working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Junior Content Producer Standards, which is the equivalent of 2-A Levels. Topics you will cover include:
• Principles of Marketing
• Email marketing
• Web development
• Developing a content marketing strategy
• Principles of social media within a business
• Brand development
• Search Engine Optimisation
• Measuring and capturing analytics
• Project management
1. Give us an example of when you have had to take the lead on a project. What went well? What would you do differently?
2. Give us an example of when you have had to take the lead on a project. What went well? What would you do differently
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.