Start your DiVA career here.
Business Support Apprentice -
Receptionist and Administration assistant -
Employee Engagement programme Apprentice -
Junior Project Coordinator Apprentice -
Employment Skills Tutor -
Creative & Digital Media Tutor/Assessor -
Employment Skills Tutor
DiVA Apprenticeships , London, E15 2SP
Employment Skills Tutor
Unit 221, Stratford Workshops, Burford Road, StratfordLondon E15 2SP
About the Apprenticeship :
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Employment Skills Tutor to join our training team. If you’re a passionate, dynamic and forward-thinking individual who is looking for an exciting new challenge, which is highly rewarding, then this role is perfect for you.
The role will include:
• Developing schemes of work, lesson plans and tutorial resources in line with qualification and internal quality assurance processes
• Delivering engaging, creative lessons that include a variety of resources to meet all learning styles
• Assisting learners in identifying the skills required to progress towards their career aspirations
• Working with the recruitment team to secure meaningful work placements for the students when required
• Carry out Health & Safety assessments of work placement settings, and to be aware of the issues surrounding Health & Safety/Safeguarding within the workplace environment
• Provide ongoing support and guidance to learners and employers engaged in the work placements
• To keep proper and accurate records and registers, ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation of learners’ progression, and to support the writing of reports as required.
• To attend and engage in all relevant staff meetings, and maintain effective communication with staff, learners and other relevant educational organisations.
The salary is £28K-£30K per annum pro rata for an average of three days per week. This is a fixed term contract from May – July. The aim is to make the role full-time from September onwards.
One month full-time followed by an average three days per week during June and July. The hours are – 9:30am – 6:00pm
Future prospects description:
The team at DiVA are passionate about helping people to take ownership or their careers through employment, entrepreneurship or a mixture of both. Our ambition is to grow our employment skills training of which this role is crucial. We are looking for someone who wants to grow this aspect of our business with us.
DiVA Apprenticeships creates the talent of tomorrow, today, by combining talent with outstanding employers through Government backed Apprenticeships. In doing so, we create opportunities for talented people looking to ‘earn while they learn’ and help businesses gain the skills they need to remain competitive.
Largely based in the creative industries, DiVA has helped individuals to get in and get ahead in companies such as Universal Music, Warner Music, 20th Century Fox, All3 Media, Endemol Shine, the Southbank Centre, Sadlers Wells, Crossrail, the CBI, UK Music, Domino Records, and many more well-known media brands.
Our employment skills programmes are an added string to our bow and build on our core passion: to help individuals to “power up” and take ownership of their careers.
• Must have delivered Employment Skills workshops or programmes
• Experience of working with young adults as well as adult learners
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience of working in or a demonstrable passion for the creative industry
Values we hold dear as a team include respect, honesty, collaboration, fun, integrity and accountability. We laugh a lot and are not afraid to roll up our sleeves to help a colleague and get the job done. If that sounds like you, we could be the company you’re looking for.
- Teaching qualification (PTTLS or DTTLS/Certificate in Education/PGCE)
- Must have delivered Employment Skills workshops
- A coaching qualification would be useful but is not essential
Important Other information:
DiVA is an equal opportunity employer, and are open to looking at flexible working arrangements.
This role would suit an individual who is proactive and responds well to change. Someone who gets a real kick out of helping people to achieve their career ambitions.
About the training:
This role is not an apprenticeship programme. However, training identified to beneficial to your role will be provided.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter/email to email@example.com
In your cover letter, tell us what book, luxury item and song would you take if you were to be cast away on a desert island. Please give the reasons for your choices.
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.