Start your DiVA career here.
Receptionist and Administration assistant -
Employee Engagement programme Apprentice -
Junior Project Coordinator Apprentice -
Employment Skills Tutor -
Creative & Digital Media Tutor/Assessor -
Employee Engagement programme Apprentice
BBC Studios , London, W12 7FA
Employee Engagement programme Apprentice
BBC Worldwide Ltd, 1 Television Centre, 101 Wood Lane,London W12 7FA
About the Apprenticeship :
Support BBC Studios Employee Engagement programme and other related teams/programmes such as Diversity and Inclusion, and Culture.
The following are some of the types of tasks the apprentice will be involved in. The task list will be tailored to ensure both the needs of the company and the apprentice are met.
• Pre and post prep around global champion/steering group calls – agenda, meeting notes etc.
• People database management – managing the ever-changing list of Champions
• Chase teams/offices to ensure involvement in volunteer days, and that evaluation forms and media are submitted
• Organising and managing initiatives e.g.
coordinate a global plan for week-long, multi-location campaigns and events
• Organise and manage campaign weeks that include various components such as sessions with external instructors, screenings of BBC and other content
• Fundraising weeks for Children in Need, Comic Relief, Media Action
• Emails/digital screen notices – to publicise upcoming activities
• Newsletter – monthly all-desk newsletter to showcase the activities in global offices and give recognition to the champions
• Website – ensure website clearly defines the Employee Engagement Programme and is up to date with images and stories of activities in various offices and has an updated list of regional Champions and organisations we work with.
• Media assets – videos, stills etc to periodically showcase activities – e.g. for end of year, annual review, careers website, BBC Studios LinkedIn page.
• Work on finding charitable partners/schools we can work with.
• Help create a series of talks/events for employees + external guests (schools, old folks etc)
Monitoring and evaluation
• Pre-events to ensure all activities fit Employee Engagement goals and BBC Group / Editorial Policy criteria
• Post-event evaluation to measure success and obtain stats and quotes to publicise
Monday – Friday 9.30-5.30pm (35 hours per week)
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Home to the very best of British creativity. Combining the strengths of the UK’s most-awarded production company and a world-class distributor, we are an unrivalled creator of – and investor in – UK programmes reaching audiences around the world.
Working with the best British writers, directors and programme-makers, we champion British creativity, crafting over 2500 hours of content every year through seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. And that’s not all. We’re a committed partner to the UK’s thriving independent production community, as well as other broadcasters and digital platforms, delivering content that showcases the best of British talent, stamped with the hallmark
• Strong organisational skills
• Lively editorial interest
• Good knowledge of scheduling strategies
• Excellent data management and attention to detail
• Good problem solving
• Effective time management
• Influencing skills
• Communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and general computing skills.
• A passionate commitment to BBC Studio’s values and vision
• Tenacity in working on projects
• Proactive approach to information gathering
• A collaborative approach
• Work on own initiative
• Ability to influence
• Holistic Thinking
• Creating shared understanding (being transparent)
• Professional credibility
No Specific Requirements
Important Other information:
Applicants must be fully committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship
Do not contact the employer directly; failing to adhere to this will see your application automatically withdrawn.
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 3 Standards in Business Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Principles of Business
• Customer Service
• Managing Stakeholders
• Project Management
• Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business
• Monitor Information systems
• Principles of Administration
Let’s pretend you’ve been working on lunch time talk and you’ve organised a speaker from a local charity to talk to us about the environment. We expected about 30 people to turn attend but on the day we only had 5 people.
1. How would you deal with this personally?
2. How would you manage the situation?
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.