Grow your business with DiVA Apprenticeships.
Junior Accounts Assistant
Junior Accounts Assistant
1 Bevington Path, Bevington Path, London
About the Apprenticeship :
The individual would report into the transactional Finance manager and work closely with the Account Assistant on a day to day basis. They would get experience of the Accounts Payable side of transactional finance (from Purchase orders and coding through to supplier payments and cash applications) as well as providing more general office administration support.
More key responsibilities the individual will take on will be:
- Entering purchase ledger invoices into the accounts system (UK/US businesses)
- Process all monthly Direct Debit / Standing order costs, apply payments.
- Assist in the bank reconciliation process by applying cash paid to invoices.
- Manage Vendor set-up forms.
- Assist with non UK VAT Claims.
- Investigate and assist with supplier invoice queries.
- General Admin – Attach invoices to transactions in Finance system, sending remittances, general filing point person for Finance post.
National Living Wage
Monday - Friday (10am-6pm)
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
[PIAS] was founded in 1983 by Kenny Gates and Michel Lambot and is one of the world’s largest independent and privately-owned music companies. Headquartered in London and Brussels with 16 offices worldwide and 300 employees, [PIAS] champions and supports the best independent music across an unrivalled international marketing and distribution network.
The [PIAS] Group includes a Label Group and an Artist & Label Services Company.
The [PIAS] Label Group includes the in-house labels Play It Again Sam, Different and the classical label Harmonia Mundi and a roster of affiliated independent labels such as ATO, Bella Union, Blue Flowers, Heavenly, Mute and Transgressive.
[PIAS] ‘s Artist & Label Services division is a multiple industry award-winning provider of digital and physical marketing and distribution services, representing most of the world’s best-known independent labels.
- Confident with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- An interest in Finance.
- Good Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
Please refer to individual job descriptions.
There is no formal qualification for this role.
Important Other information:
To be eligible for the scheme, you must be:
- aged 16-24
- in receipt of Universal Credit.
If you do not meet all of the criteria listed above, you are not eligible for the Kickstart Scheme.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for a Kickstart Job Placement, you must speak to your jobcentre work coach and ask them to refer you for the job placement(s) you are interested in quoting the following:
- DiVA Kickstart Gateway Number: KSFEA5953D
- The name of the employer,
- The postcode for the vacancy
- The job title
Neither the employer nor DiVA can accept direct applications. You will have to apply directly via your jobcentre work coach.
About the training:
Employability support will be provided by DiVA. You will attend seven workshops over the course of your placement. They will happen the last Wednesday of the month. They will be held virtually.
- Induction on the programme: (includes time management, organisations skills, managing your manager and effective communication)
- Introduction to the Creative Industries
- Personal Branding: How to build and manage your personal brand at work and online
- How to build and Network effectively
- Money management: How to establish a side hustle and work as freelancer
- Prove Your Passion on Paper: CV Writing
- Prove Your Passion in Person: Interview skills
Workshops last three hours and contain a mix of taught session and masterclasses with industry guests.
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.