Start your DiVA career here.
Programme Manager -
Digital Marketing Executive -
Licensing Administrator Apprentice -
Data Quality Coordinator Apprentice -
Junior Project Coordinator Apprentice -
Creative & Digital Media Tutor/Assessor -
Licensing Administrator Apprentice
Universal Music , London, N1C 4PW
Licensing Administrator Apprentice
4 Pancras Square, Kings CrossLondon N1C 4PW
About the Apprenticeship :
- Liaising with artist’s management with the view to obtaining permission to use either Universal Music UK, or other Universal Music Group International tracks for international compilation projects.
- Working closely with Licensing colleagues and Product Managers, Catalogue to effectively clear repertoire in line with key project timescales – this will involve working to tight deadlines.
- Helping Universal employee’s world-wide to determine rights for tracks and helping with any other queries that arise.
- Updating and maintaining records of cleared projects so if a problem or question with that project arises, details will be easily accessible.
- Licensing out for third-party projects, negotiating licensing terms and focusing on developing and maintaining strong working relationships
- General administrative duties, including filing finished projects in alphabetical and numerical order.
- To carry out any other reasonable instruction as directed by the Junior Licensing Managers.
Monday – Thursday: 9:30am – 6:00pm. Friday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
Future prospects description:
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, if there is an opening for a entry level position at such time within the company, there may be a job opportunity.
Universal Music is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising.
• Excellent organisation skills – ability work on across projects at any one time.
• Proven experience of working to strict deadlines.
• Excellent IT Skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Proven ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Good communication skills – experience of working cross functionally with different teams and at different levels.
• Highly self-motivated, capable of using own initiative, and the ability to deal with the routine tasks as well as the more interesting aspects of the role.
• Experience using internal Universal systems is preferable.
• Experience within a Music Licensing setting.
• Forward thinking
• Shows initiative
• Good at multi-tasking and juggling priorities
• Attention to detail and accuracy in all areas of work
• Ability to think under pressure
• Being confidential and dependable
Minimum qualifications are English, maths and ICT GSCE’s level 7-4/A-C or equivalent.
Important Other information:
Applicants must be fully committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship
Do not contact the employer directly; failing to adhere to this will see your application automatically withdrawn.
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Communicate in a Business Environment
• Principles of Project Management
• Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business
• Contribute to Running a Project
• Support the Organisation of an Event
• Support the Organisation of Meetings
• Develop and Deliver Presentations
• Provide Reception Services
- Do you see the value of compilations in the current market? Do you purchase or do you stream? Discuss.
- Tell us (in less than 300 words) what you think have been the biggest challenges facing record companies in the past five years
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.