Grow your business with DiVA Apprenticeships.
Office Assistant (Kickstart Internship)
True North Productions , Leeds ,
Office Assistant (Kickstart Internship)
True North Productions
Marshalls Mill, Marshall Street Leeds
About the Apprenticeship :
We are seeking an Office Assistant to join our Leeds office, primarily to ensure the smooth running of a busy television production office. True North particularly encourage applicants with a disability and/or from an ethnic minority background as part of the industry’s drive to promote diversity.
- Ensure the office is kept clean and tidy including the kitchen area.
- Assist with senior management travel and accommodation arrangements and general day to day tasks.
- Coordinate meeting room bookings and calendars.
- Be the first point of contact for office guests.
- Order all stationery, kitchen and general office supplies
- Manage milk and newspaper deliveries
- Answer the main True North phone and ensure all messages passed on to the relevant productions/management team
- Manage yellow storage facility – organize reusing of props and maintaining tidiness.
- Sign for deliveries & manage franking machine.
- Manage the access fobs and keys for the various TN offices
- Liaise with the office management team on car parking, toilet facilities etc.
- Liaise closely with our Manchester office –organizing couriers between offices etc
- Liaise positively and professionally with colleagues and visitors
- Assist the Senior Managers Assistant in developing, maintaining and reviewing office administration systems to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Ad hoc assistance on production teams – which may involve helping to set up filming or helping on location, general research, transcribing, fact-checking and managing social media accounts etc.
National Minimum Wage
Monday - Friday 09:30am to 5:30pm
Future prospects description:
The role may lead to a full-time job. However, this is subject to agreement between the employer and the participant.
We are a television production company. We make factual programmes for a range of broadcasters, including BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5, Discovery and MTV. We have offices in Leeds and Manchester and employ around 100 people, according to how many shows we have in production.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication and organisational skills, the ability to work well in a team and prioritise tasks, a confident telephone manner and personal skills, someone who is computer literate and hard working. An interest in the media would also be beneficial.
We want someone who will ask questions and care that they do a good job. Attention to detail is important and we would prefer a job to take longer to do and be done right rather than quickly and wrong.
Education – 5 GCSEs English grade 4 or above would be nice. However, formal qualifications are not mandatory. What we’re looking for is someone with common sense, a good attitude, who will turn up on time and who is genuinely interested in a career in TV.
Important Other information:
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for a Kickstart Job Placement, you must speak to your jobcentre work coach and ask them to refer you for the job placement(s) you are interested in quoting the following:
- DiVA Kickstart Gateway Number: KSFEA5953D
- The name of the employer,
- The postcode for the vacancy
- The job title
Neither the employer nor DiVA can accept direct applications. You will have to apply directly via your jobcentre work coach.
This role is offered as part of the governments’ Kickstart Scheme. Therefore to be eligible for the scheme, you must be
- unemployed, and;
- aged 16-24 and;
- in receipt of Universal Credit.
If you do not meet all of the criteria listed above, you are not eligible for the Kickstart Scheme.
About the training:
You will attend seven workshops over the course of your placement. They will happen on the last Wednesday of the month. They will be held virtually.
- Induction on the programme: (includes time management, organisational skills, managing your manager and effective communication)
- Introduction to the Creative Industries
- Personal Branding: How to build and manage your personal brand at work and online
- How to build and Network effectively
- Money Management: how to establish a side hustle and work as a freelancer
- Prove Your Passion on Paper: CV writing
- Prove Your Passion in Person: Interview skills
Workshops last three hours and contain a mix of taught session and masterclasses with industry guests.
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.