Start your DiVA career here.
PR/Media Trainee -
Post-Production Artist Trainee -
Pictures Apprentice -
Programming Assistant Apprentice -
Junior Project Coordinator Apprentice -
Employability Skills Tutor -
Creative & Digital Media Tutor/Assessor -
BBC Studios , London, W12 7FA
BBC Worldwide Ltd, 1 Television Centre, 101 Wood Lane,London W12 7FA
About the Apprenticeship :
BBC Worldwide needs stunning photography to create world-class trade marketing materials and consumer facing promotional campaigns that will attract audiences around the world to watch and enjoy our content.
Sitting within Creative in Brands, the photo team plays a pivotal role in commissioning and securing the best images from the spectacular wildlife of Planet Earth II, the cryptic visuals of Sherlock to the confections of The Great British Bake Off.
We are looking to engage a detail-oriented apprentice with passion for photography and visual media for this role in the photography team.
• Creating picture promotion kits, uploading them on schedule to the photo dam. When necessary make early images available via Box, adhering to the security protocol.
• Responsible for managing digital picture requests from the Digital Artwork team and regional offices, keeping records – supporting DVD and DTO projects and queries.
• Some liaison with the Creative Production teams
• Some editing of photography ensuring the most compelling images are selected in accordance with the creative vision and brand. Ensure it meets aesthetic and technical standards and works across different media, product and formats.
• Obtaining editorial compliance and where necessary picture approval from production and talent.
• Ensuring all images are captioned, credited and cleared for our rights, with supporting contracts.
• Becoming fully conversant with asset management systems with some involvement with user training, registration and support.
• Sourcing images from BBC Pictures, the BBC’s photo library and other locations and basic retouching where needed.
• When necessary, gaining copyright clearance by contacting copyright holders and obtaining signed contracts.
• Being aware of any contributor/talent approvals and image restrictions, in particular in relation to the Equity Agreement.
Monday to Friday 9.30-5.30pm (35 hours per week)
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world. In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. The UK region delivers nearly a third of BBCWs revenues, across a broad range of sectors, including Channels, TV Distribution, Consumer Products, Live Events, Publishing and e-Commerce.
• You are a team player with a talent for organisation who would respond well within an integrated creative and marketing team
• You are able to be flexible to meet changing requirements.
• You are interested in television picture desk or similar administrative or traffic experience, with overall insight into the commissioning process
• Knowledge of photography, the technical processes involved and their limitations as well as an understanding of the storage, manipulation and retrieval of digital imagery strongly preferred
• Ability to network across a large organisation and proactive approach
• Ability to generate ideas and concepts independently as well as working within a team
• Understanding of the production process of television and/or picture photography
• Excellent organizational, communication skills and attention to detail
• A natural coordinator with time management and planning skills, at ease in creating and maintaining records.
Minimum qualifications are English, Maths and ICT GSCE’s level A-C or equivalent.
Graduates can apply but a degree is not necessary, nor will it give you an advantage. Common sense, a good attitude, and a demonstrable passion for building a career in the music industry is important.”
Important Other information:
Applicants must be fully committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship
Do not contact the employer directly; failing to adhere to this will see your application automatically withdrawn.
About the training:
In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ you will be working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Junior Content Producer, which is the equivalent of 2-A Levels. Topics you will cover include:
• Media content creation
• Communication and presentation skills
• Industry awareness in the creative and digital sector
• Respond to a Media Content Brief
• Shooting Capturing, Editing and Storing Media Content
• Social Media Campaign Execution
- Give us an example of when you have had to take the lead on a project. What went well? What would you do differently?
- What makes you a good candidate for this role?
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.