Start your DiVA career here.
Office Administration Apprentice -
Digital Marketing Apprentice (Junior Content Producer) -
Programme Planner/ Scheduler Apprenticeship -
Recruitment Consultant Apprentice -
People Administrator Apprentice -
Programme Planner/ Scheduler Apprenticeship
UN1TY Limited , London, E14 8PX
Programme Planner/ Scheduler Apprenticeship
Docklands Business CentreLondon E14 8PX
About the Apprenticeship :
The right candidate will be able to multi-task, have a high attention to detail whilst being able to work closely to tight deadlines and have a keen interest in African entertainment TV programming.
You will be responsible for planning innovative monthly schedule grids for FAME TV, and daily schedules for the channel scheduler to use when creating daily playlists.
You will input new programmes into Zeus / Playbox, listing them correctly, and checking that all information inputted is accurate (i.e. certificate, genre, year) – FULL TRAINING GIVEN
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop and produce monthly grids that are editorially creative and competitive.
• Own, discuss, communicate and present channel plans at a range of forums: weekly one-to-one and team meetings, monthly campaign meetings. Brainstorm ideas and concepts for the channel each month including weekends, stunts, strands, marathons and seasons around themes, calendar events etc…
• Manage programming inventory and ensure a cost-efficient and creative allocation of resources.
• Monitor closely key competitor’s activities and ratings.
• Carry out rating analysis and research audience viewing trends.
• Report equipment problems with regards to the channel play out.
• Observe monitors and converse with station personnel to determine audio and video levels and to ascertain that programs are airing.
• Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
• Monitor and log transmitter readings – As runs.
• Play and record broadcast programs using automation systems.
• Set-up, operate, and maintain scheduling broadcast station computers and networks.
• Preview scheduled programs to ensure that signals are functioning, and programs are ready for transmission – Quality / Compliance Spot checks. Maintain programming logs as required by senior management and OFCOM. Indicate sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted.
• Edit broadcast material electronically, using Playbox/Zeus.
• Substitute programs in cases where signals fail.
• Schedule programming or read television-programming logs to determine which programs are to be recorded or aired.
• Preparing playlists and EPG, submitting to SKY within operational deadlines. Prepare reports outlining past and future programs, including content.
• These duties are not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other duties as required.
£5 per hour
Monday – Friday (9.30 – 18.00)
(You may be required to work evenings/weekends within the specified hours per week)
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
FAME TV is an Afrocentric black entertainment channel on the SKY platform (channel 452)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we showcase the very best in black entertainment. From fashion to arts, movies, and live events in the UK and Africa, FAME TV is the go to station for all black orientated content and events in the UK and Africa.
• Experience of working within the TV industry is highly desirable and experience of programme planning desirable but not necessary.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• At least 5 GCSEs grade A to C including Mathematics and English.
• General knowledge of OFCOM code and ASA code.
• The ability to work quickly within very tight deadlines and under intense pressure.
• A thorough understanding of collaborative workflows using shared storage is required (training given).
• Punctual, reliable and resourceful.
• Confident, helpful, friendly, enthusiastic and presentable.
• Able to multi task and prioritise and have good organisational skills.
• Able to follow instructions.
• Able to manage their time well.
• Team player with a ‘Can Do’ attitude.
• Able to stay calm and focused under pressure.
• Numerate and literate with an eye for detail.
• Able to take direction, but also work well on their own.
• Be flexible and adaptable.
• Able to represent the FAME TV brand through all dealings with clients, customers and prospects via any communication method.
N/A – FULL TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN TO THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
Important Other information:
This role will involve good levels of training and requires the apprentice to multi-task and coordinate to a high level. The company is looking for an apprentice who wants to develop a career in the Television Industry and grow with the company.
This role will require flexibility. Please remember this role is looking for someone who can be fully flexible and be willing to give it 200%.
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 3 standards in Business Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Principles of Business
• Analyse and present business data
• Principles of Project Management
• Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business
• Monitor Information systems
• Principles of Administration
1. Do you have an interest in African entertainment? Tell me more.
2. Why would you want to create a career in the television industry?
3. Have you ever found errors in your work? Why were they there? What did you do to correct the errors? How do you plan to prevent errors in the future?
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.