Start your DiVA career here.
PR/Media Trainee -
Post-Production Artist Trainee -
Pictures Apprentice -
Programming Assistant Apprentice -
Junior Project Coordinator Apprentice -
Employability Skills Tutor -
Creative & Digital Media Tutor/Assessor -
Programming Assistant Apprentice
BBC Studios , London, W12 7FA
Programming Assistant Apprentice
101 Wood Ln, White CityLondon W12 7FA
About the Apprenticeship :
To be responsible for key administrative and support duties within Programming & Presentation Planning departments, including inputting the schedules into the scheduling system for multiple branded services, acting as the key liaison for all scheduling enquiries, providing competitor schedule information, and running key reports. This role covers both linear and VOD support.
• To create and maintain the detailed channel schedules in an accurate and timely manner, inputting excels plans into the scheduling system.
• To support scheduling decisions by advising on inventory issues and requirements, maintaining competitor schedule information, and providing creative input.
• To oversee monitoring of quota requirements, ensuring that the branded services are on track to meet their commitments and advising on necessary action.
• To maintain a detailed knowledge of the broadcasting market, changing audience requirements, and competitor strategy in the region. To be aware of BBC channel initiatives, competing programme launches, and major competitor trends.
• To liaise with the Global Acquisitions team for information on programme rights, delivery, and duration.
• To assist in ensuring that the schedules are implemented and that all relevant information is agreed with colleagues and communicated effectively to the Marketing and Communications department in the form of listings, operational and provisional schedules, and to the presentation and finance departments.
Scope & Impact:
Supporting function, ensuring the strategy is implemented and communicated effectively.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making:
Provides the administrative structure to planning and decision making.
• Regular (at least weekly) face-to-face/phone/email contact to provide/receive/exchange information with Director of Programming, Programming Manager, Presentation, Acquisitions
• Occasional face-to-face/phone/email contact with Sales, Campaign Planning.
Monday – Friday 9.30-5.30pm (35 hours per week)
Future prospects description:
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship and evaluation by the company’s supervisors, the successful candidate may be offered a job at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Home to the very best of British creativity. Combining the strengths of the UK’s most-awarded production company and a world-class distributor, we are an unrivalled creator of – and investor in – UK programmes reaching audiences around the world.
Working with the best British writers, directors and programme-makers, we champion British creativity, crafting over 2500 hours of content every year through seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. And that’s not all. We’re a committed partner to the UK’s thriving independent production community, as well as other broadcasters and digital platforms, delivering content that showcases the best of British talent, stamped with the hallmark
• Strong organisational skills
• Lively editorial interest
• Good knowledge of scheduling strategies
• Excellent data management and attention to detail
• Good problem solving
• Effective time management
• Influencing skills
• Communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and general computing skills.
• A passionate commitment to BBC Studio’s values and vision
• Tenacity in working on projects
• Proactive approach to information gathering
• A collaborative approach
• Work on own initiative
• Ability to influence
• Holistic Thinking
• Creating shared understanding (being transparent)
• Professional credibility
No Specific Requirements/ Previous experience within a channel environment is desirable
Important Other information:
Applicants must be fully committed and ready to complete this apprenticeship
Do not contact the employer directly; failing to adhere to this will see your application automatically withdrawn.
About the training:
You will be working towards a Level 3 standards in Business Administration. In addition to crucial ‘on the job training’ depending on the qualification selected you may also study the following units:
• Principles of Business
• Customer Service
• Managing Stakeholders
• Project Management
• Managing Information and Producing Documents in a Business
• Monitor Information systems
• Principles of Administration
1. What are your ambitions?
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
*Due to the high volume of interest we have in many of our vacancies it is not always possible to respond to every application.