Grow your business with DiVA Apprenticeships.
DiVA is acting as a Gateway Organisation for the Kickstart Government scheme
If you would like to offer job placement(s), complete and return the Kickstart Application Form.
To support the many small and medium-sized companies in the creative industries to access support and create jobs under the Kickstart Government scheme, DiVA is acting as an employer Gateway Organisation.
In addition to acting as a representative DiVA will also provide the required wrap-around support for the young person including the provision of industry-specific employment skills training designed to add value to their job placement and to support a positive progression once the Kickstart Job placement ends.
The Kickstart Scheme is a government-funded programme which supports the creation of six month paid work placements for young people aged 16-24 years of age. This is for any business across all sectors including the private, public and voluntary and community sectors.
- Businesses will offer 6 months Kickstart placements for up to 30 people
- Placements must be for a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Applicants will be paid National Minimum wage – funded via the Scheme
- Applicants must be aged 16-24 years
- Must be claiming Universal Credit
- Applicants will be referred to the scheme via their JCP Work Coach
Benefits to employers:
- Wages of 25 hours per week funded for placement
- New Talent into your Business – Train your workforce
- Help the local community
- Support young people in gaining meaningful work experience and improving on their skillset
Funding available to employers:
The government will provide employers per placement with 100% of the national minimum wage for 25 hours per week, including employer contributions for NI and auto-enrolment pensions.
Employers can top up wages beyond this level at their own cost. In addition to the salary, the DWP will provide a grant of £1500 for the set-up costs and training offered in their placement.
What will DiVA do?
- Help you develop a suitable job placement
- Submit the Kickstart application on your behalf
- Help you develop a solid process to onboarding and managing young talent remotely
- Release the grant funding to you
- Provide your candidate with an induction inc. training (e.g. email etiquette, professional
communication, working remotely)
- Deliver industry-specific training designed to increase candidates knowledge of working in and building careers in the creative industry.
- Handle all the associated administration and reporting
DiVA will create your application for the placements the organisation is offering. The number of opportunities you have within your organisation do not matter.
- Job placement template sent to DiVA
- DiVA will apply for Kickstart funding
- Once approved, placements are advertised with JCP(s)
- JCP adviser refers suitable applicants – DiVA will also be involved in the recruitment and selection process
- Employer makes final decision on successful placement
If you are a young person claiming Universal Credit and would like to gain valuable paid work experience and training, within the creative sector, speak to your JCP Advisor who will be able to discuss suitable opportunities.
For organisations that would like to offer job placement(s), complete and return the Kickstart Application Form. You can download our Kickstart Employer Guide here, which includes answers to frequently asked questions.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 11th December 2020. This is for job placements starting before 31st January 2021.